Saturday, May 11, 2019

how to add Windows 10 into my domain?

this is the note for me to join XPS 13 (Windows 10 ENT) into my domain.

    a good reference article to read.

  1. How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain?
  2. on server side(Windows 2008), do these things:

  3. on Windows 2008 server, add computer Beta into this domain.
  4. add domain user and set up password.
  5. on laptop side, set up these parameters

  6. set up computer name as specified on server: Beta
  7. set up ip address and DNS server names
  8. following the first article, on step to fire System tab and try to join domain, no such button. but, on Settings->About->System Info->change settings->network ID, we can finish these set up on laptop. (from my old note, control panel->system security->system->change settings can also do the same work.)
  9. when join the domain, type user name and password I just set up on server side.
    domain name: intra.nutec.com
    the computer find this computer name on intra.nutec.com domain. so it is good. but access is denied. so at this step, I need to put server administrator and password in. then it moves to next step. now it is time to add domain user name on this machine. when I added domain user at this step as standard user, no need to input password. but it requested to restart. I think at log in step, I need to put domain user name and password.
  10. to use files on server, we need to turn on network discovery service. from network and sharing center->change advanced settings->turn on network discovery and printer etc.
  11. last step is to map server shared drive to lap top. use Windows key + E. look at this PC related top menu, find map drive item.

No comments:

Post a Comment