Friday, May 17, 2019

Dell D830 overheating

Dell D830 overheating. one post from my google search. it just needs to clean heatsink. no need to change motherboard.

Re: Dell Latitude D830 getting to hot and throttling CPU clock
Hi, I had the Dell service at my place today. They replaced the heatsink and the motherboard, the latter because I also hat a problem with the VGA out port. The vent on the heatsink was really clogged with dust (it looked similar to the photo Adrian posted) so I guess that was the real problem and I guess cleaning would have helped even without replacing the heatsink. Good to remember for the time when the warranty expires. I tested now 20 minutes of 80 % CPU load with CPU Killer and CPU-Z showed constant CPU clock around 2.4 GHz for all the time, so I guess the problem is solved. Kind regards, Robert

Just FYI, in case you are interested.
I have the same Latitude D830 but with Vista that I've owned since 2007. I have been having performance problems lately. Ran a diagostic on the CPU fan and found that it is bad. I am getting it replaced and expecting that to fix my problems. You may confirm that your fan is OK, but it sounds like it is. But I think I was having the same issue with the CPU clock speed getting reduced. I didn't confirm this and may try now just to see what I can learn. Good luck.

  1. Dell Latitude D830 getting to hot and throttling CPU clock

No comments:

Post a Comment