Friday, May 17, 2019

Dell xps 13 -9343 does not wake up

Dell xps 13 -9343 does not wake up. from users' post, there are some good solutions.

martinsuly martinsuly 1 Nickel ‎08-01-2018 09:03 PM
Re: xps 13 9370 wont wake from sleep
@manwaringshorts:
I checked with Dell website and they don't have the newest Intel drivers for download there. Can you try to update your drivers directly from Intel website? It should be version 24.20.100.6194.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620
After that you need to restart your notebook. I didn't notice the issue with the blank display so far with this new one so maybe it can help you.

to user powercfg, I need to start powershell first, then run this powercfg /a command
07-31-2018 02:41 PM
Re: xps 13 9370 wont wake from sleep
I believe that the hibernation is disabled as a default option.
@winston_smyth: I noticed 2 various issues here. Can you check which sleep states are enabled in your notebook? You can do it from the command prompt. Press Win button and type "cmd" and run the command prompt. Then type into the console "powercfg /a" and paste output here or let me know which mode you have active, eg. "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)" or "Standby (S3)", can be even deep sleep mode. but generally its short is "S3". Also can you tell me what version of graphics driver do you have? Right click on the desktop, choose "Intel Graphics Settings" from the context menu and then from the app "Options and Suport". Please check "Driver Version".
For the background of these things, I have 2 various issues.
1. When is disabled "connected standby" then it hangs always when it resumes from standby (S3).
2. When "connected standby" is active, then I have random hangs when the notebook should wakeup. I have installed Intel drivers from Dell's support page (23.x.x.x) and recently I updated to the newest one 24.x.x.x offered by Intel. And these random freezes so far disappeared but I can't confirm it for sure.
Just hard shutdown through the button works in both cases.
UPDATE: Regarding the second issue, I forgot to mention that I checked memory dumps after the halt and restart. I found that is related to this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x19c--win32k-power-wat...

this post from Reddit
On my XPS 13 9370, only connected standby works, and is the default.
I've tried disabling connected standby to work around other problems, but then I end up with black screen like you.
Connected standby is configured with the following registry entry:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled
Value Function Sleep state description 1 Connected standby S0 Low Power Idle 0 Normal standby S3 To see your currently usable standby mode, run in cmd.exe: powercfg /a

  1. xps 13 9370 wont wake from sleep
  2. [help] Dell XPS 13 9360 won't wake from sleep(self.Dell)
  3. Bug Check 0x19C: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
  4. How do I wake my laptop from sleep when lid is opened?
  5. How to wake up Dell XPS 13 from sleep?
  6. the following thread has a way to wake up. I have no way to wake it up to do all these kinds of changes from the following posts.

  7. How to wake up Dell XPS 13 from sleep?
  8. How to Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10
  9. How to See Devices that are able to Wake Computer in Windows 10
  10. the following posts are given a Dell authoritative explanations. a good try.

  11. XPS 13 9350 does not wake up
  12. Steps for Fixing Computers that Do Not Wake Up or Resume from Suspend / Hibernate Mode but Power On
  13. another good post came in handy. I will try this. it seems to work for one user.

    RE: Sleep Issues and Wake Up Issues-xps 13 Spot on, this worked perfectly for me and seems to have completely solved my sleep problem where closing the lid or telling it to sleep would turn off the screen but leave the computer running. Seems to function as it should now. Thanks!

  14. RE: Sleep Issues and Wake Up Issues-xps
  15. Disabling Windows Connected Standby

No comments:

Post a Comment