Saturday, June 25, 2022

IEquatable interface

IEquatable interface

  1. implementing IEquatable and IComparable
  2. Recently, I created a ResearchItem class for my game, and I realized I wanted to sort them in a specific, non-alphabetical way. In the past when I wanted to control the sorting process I created an int SortOrder field. That I easily controlled how my items were sorted. There are several ways to accomplish this and I settled on implementing IEquatable <T > and IComparable <T >.

  3. IEquatable <T > Interface
  4. Defines a generalized method that a value type or class implements to create a type-specific method for determining equality of instances.

  5. C# implement IEquatable
  6. Here is an example to implement IEquatable interface.

  7. Implementing IEquatable Properly
  8. Explains how to properly implement the IEquatable interface.

  9. Mystery of Equality in C#: IEquatable <T >, IEqualityComparer <T >, IComparable <T >, IComparer <T >
  10. What is the difference between these confusing words? They are very similar to each other. In this article, we will learn everything about them. But first, you need to learn two important prerequisites: Equals and GetHashCode. So our topics are:

  11. Using The IEquatable Interface In C#
  12. One of the most used functionalities in our C# classes is the ability to compare two instances of a class. This is done using the Equals keyword. This will compare to see if the reference to both the classes is the same. However, we might want to compare them and see if they are equal, based on some other field. Today, we will see how this is done in our C# classes.

  13. What's the difference between IEquatable and just overriding Object.Equals()?
  14. I want my Food class to be able to test whenever it is equal to another instance of Food. I will later use it against a List, and I want to use its List.Contains() method. Should I implement IEquatable < Food > or just override Object.Equals()? From MSDN:

  15. Optimizing C# Struct Equality with IEquatable and ValueTuples
  16. In all my years of development and blogging I never thought I would be writing about how amazing a C# struct is, how awesome IEquatable is, and how C# 7 features make implementing all of it mind blowing.

    In Xamarin.Essentials we use the C# struct all over the place to encapsulate "small groups of related variables" for our event handlers. They are groups of data that don't need to be created by the developers consuming the data and are only really used for reading the data.

  17. Always use IEquatable for Value Types
  18. You should always implement IEquatable <T > when checking for equality on value types. In this article I’ll go into a bit of depth on how Equals() behaves on System.Object and one of it’s derived class, System.ValueType.,

  19. Implementing the IEquatable of T interface for object equality with C# .NET
  20. In this short post we’ll see a way how to make two custom objects equatable using the generic IEquatable interface. Consider the following object:

  21. The Right Way to do Equality in C#
  22. One of the pitfalls of doing development in C#, Java, C++, or really any predominantly Object Oriented language (OOP) is how “equality” is defined.

    In C#, for instance, you have the following methods that are built into every object:

    1. object.Equals
    2. the == operator
    3. ReferenceEquals, for explicitly checking reference equality
    My personal opinion: in any managed language, checking for referential equality is a pretty bad default - and if you’re working with immutable objects then equality by reference doesn’t really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment