Wednesday, October 6, 2021

include file configuration in Visual Studio

include file configuration in Visual Studio

  1. Configuring Visual Studio for C/C++ Projects
  2. To ensure that Visual Studio can find the PixeLINK API header files and import library, it is recommended that you make use of the PIXELINK_SDK_ROOT environment variable that was created when you installed the SDK.

  3. Empty Visual Studio Project?
  4. Is there a way to have an empty Project in Visual Studio 2008 or 2010? I do not mean an empty solution, I mean an empty project in a solution. Basically I have a solution with multiple projects, and I want to add a project to track some static files that are part of the solution but not of any specific project. Adding them as solution files doesn't work because solution folders are not mapped to file system folders and I want to manage hierarchy from Visual Studio.

    At the moment I create an empty Visual C# project which works, but I just wonder if there is a "more empty" project..

  5. How do I add an existing directory tree to a project in Visual Studio?
  6. The issue is simple really. Instead of creating folders in Visual Studio, I create a directory structure for my project on the file system. How do I include all the folders and files in a project, keeping the structure?

    If I "Add Existing File" on a folder named Services and navigate to a file in the directory structure .. Services > AccountManagement > CreateAccount.cs, it appears in Visual Studio like so: Services > CreateAccount.cs. I do not want this.

    I have an entire directory structure worked out already, as I am mimicking our client developers using the same structure for organization. How do I add all the folders and files to the project in Visual Studio? Or do I have to do what most Microsoft users do and "put up with it" and recreate each and every folder through Visual Studio?

  7. Where does Visual Studio look for C++ header files?
  8. I checked out a copy of a C++ application from SourceForge (HoboCopy, if you're curious) and tried to compile it. Visual Studio tells me that it can't find a particular header file. I found the file in the source tree, but where do I need to put it, so that it will be found when compiling? Are there special directories?.

  9. How do include paths work in Visual Studio?
  10. How do include paths work in Visual Studio?.

  11. #include absolute path syntax in c/c++
  12. Every implementation I'm aware of, and certainly MSVC 2005 and linux, allows you to specify the directory paths in which to find header files. You should include D:\temp\temp_lib on the list of directory paths, and then use

    #include <temp.>>
    For gcc, use -I path. For MSVC, see Where does Visual Studio look for C++ header files?
    The reason that #1 isn't a syntax error is that, although it looks like a string literal, it isn't. The specification is
    #include "q-char-sequence".
  13. Visual Studio adding truly "global" default include path
  14. Is there a simple way to add a path, globally (i.e. for all users on a machine), to the set of include/library directories in Visual Studio?

    What I am looking for is the ability to safely add an include/library path to Visual Studio for all projects (past and future). This would be the equivalent of the INCLUDE, LIB, and LIBPATH environment variables that seem to work for command-line builds, but for some reason are completely ignored when building through Visual Studio. It must be applied to all users on a machine..

  15. How do I "Add Existing Item" an entire directory structure in Visual Studio?
  16. I have a free standing set of files not affiliated with any C# project at all that reside in a complicated nested directory structure.

    I want to add them in that format to a different directory in an ASP.NET web application I am working on; while retaining the same structure. So, I copied the folder into the target location of my project and I tried to “add existing item” only to lose the previous folder hierarchy.

    Usually I have re-created the directories by hand, copied across on a one-to-one basis, and then added existing items. There are simply too many directories/items in this case.

    So how do you add existing directories and files in Visual Studio 2008?.

  17. Visual Studio: Add existing folder(s) to project
  18. Is there a way to add existing Folders to a Visual Studio Project so that I do not have to do this file by file?.

  19. How do you count the lines of code in a Visual Studio solution?
  20. Is it possible to find the number of lines of code in an entire solution? I've heard of MZ-Tools, but is there an open source equivalent?

  21. This is a paragraph.

  22. This is a paragraph.

  23. This is a paragraph.

  24. This is a paragraph.

  25. This is a paragraph.

  26. This is a paragraph.

  27. This is a paragraph.

  28. This is a paragraph.

  29. This is a paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment