Saturday, April 27, 2019

installing systemrescueCD on a USB stick

installing systemrescueCD on a USB stick

  1. INSTALLING SYSTEMRESCUECD ON A USB STICK
  2. folowing the windows version.
  3. If you are running Windows on your computer the recommended installation program is rufus as it is easy to use and supports both UEFI and Legacy-BIOS booting methods.

    • Download SystemRescueCd-6.0.1 (or more recent) from the download page
    • Download rufus and install it on Windows. current version is 3.5
    • Plug in your USB-stick and wait a few seconds to allow enough time for the system to detect it
    • Execute Rufus and select the USB stick in the drop-down list
    • Select the SystemRescueCd ISO image that you have downloaded
    • Select ‘MBR’ partition scheme as it will be compatible with both BIOS and UEFI
    • Select ‘BIOS or UEFI’ in target to get the best compatibility
    • Check the ‘volume label’ is correct as it must be set to SYSRCDXYZ (cf below)
    • Select FAT32 filesystem as the UEFI boot process only works from FAT filesystems
    • Click on the start button and wait until the operation is complete
    In the previous steps SYSRCDXYZ refers to the version number, eg: SYSRCD601 for SystemRescueCd-6.0.1. Rufus should automatically use the label which was set on the ISO filesystem and hence it should set this label automatically on the USB device. You should not have to change it but you should make sure the label is correct as this is required for the device to start properly. What matters is that the label matches the value passed to the archisolabel boot option in the boot loader configuration files on the device (grubsrcd.cfg and sysresccd_sys.cfg) so files can be found at the time the system starts from the USB device.


5 comments:

  1. I guess I am the only one who came here to share my very own experience. Guess what!? I am using my laptop for almost the past 2 years, but I had no idea of solving some basic issues. I do not know how to Download Cracked Pro Softwares But thankfully, I recently visited a website named vstfull.com
    SystemRescueCd
    iClone Pro
    Avira Phantom VPN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot
    I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. And Thanks For Sharing

    SystemRescueCd Crack

    VueScan Pro Crack

    NetBalancer Crack

    Ashampoo Photo Optimizer Crack

    Boom 3D Crack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge…
    I like your all post. You have done really good work. Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot.

    SystemRescueCd Crack
    HandBrake CS2 Crack
    MacKeeper Crack
    NCH Express Zip Crack
    TeamViewer Crack
    HandBrake CS2 Crack
    WavePad Sound Editor Crack
    Adobe Lightroom Crack

    ReplyDelete