Saturday, August 8, 2020

Error: catastrophic failure (exception from HRESULT:0x8000FFFF(E_UNEXPECTED))

when I am using Visual Studio 2017 on xps 17 laptop, I am using Class Wizard to add member variable into a MFC SDI demo, I got this error message:

catastrophic failure (exception from HRESULT:0x8000FFFF(E_UNEXPECTED))

I searched internet and I find these links. it gave me some thoughts to fix this error message.

  1. Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
  2. Cycle Clipboard Ring Exception
  3. the solution is one of them: start Visual Stuio as adminstrator. I will try this way and validate it.

    "I am facing exactly the same issue. I have VS 2017 15.5.0 on windows 10."

    I had this error come up fixed it buy running visual studio 2017 as administrator

    the way I started class wizard is from class view in solution folder. then select the form view class->class wizard->cick tab: add memeber variable. this way will cause this error message to throw out.

    my workaroun is to start from resource view->IDD_MYMFC15_FORM class( a class you are interested:). a form is opened. select the edit control I am interested-> right click->select add variable. a new variable will be added into this selected class, as this edit control in this example.

  4. How to: Create a Dialog Box (C++)
  5. Dialog Editor (C++)
  6. Dialog Box Controls (C++)
  7. Menu Editor (C++)
  8. Menu Commands (C++)
  9. String Editor (C++)
  10. Toolbar Editor (C++)
  11. Version Information Editor (C++)
  12. Resource Files (C++)
  13. How to: Create Resources (C++)
  14. How to: Manage Resources (C++)
  15. How to: Include Resources at Compile Time (C++)

No comments: