Saturday, July 13, 2019

XP Mode

XP Mode. follow the first link to finish all steps. 1). install XP mode file. 2).install Virtual PC.

my machine is HP compact Windows 7 workstation. when I check this machine, it did not support virtualization yet. so I downloaded Intel utility to check if my CPU supports virtualization. it turns out this CPU supports virtualization. then I need to enable HP BIOS virtualization feature. turning on virtualization on BIOS takes me some time to figure it out. finally I figure it out. after turned on BIOS virtualization feature, I downloaded XP_mode file from microsoft, then downloaded virtualization. everything goes wells from this spot.

  1. How to Use XP Mode in Windows 7
  2. Windows XP Mode
  3. Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool
  4. test my CPU if support virtualization first. install tool by following the two links below:

    HP computer instruction is also in bluestacks link. I used HP assitant and did not find anything to update. but this link shows me how to turn on Virtualization on my HP machine.

  5. HP Workstation PCs - Enabling or Disabling Virtualization Technology in BIOS
  6. Expand the size of C: Drive without losing data -Windows 7: my C drive is full. need more space.
  7. HP - Illustrated example:

    1. While your PC is restarting repeatedly tap Esc key to enter BIOS
    2. Press the F10 key for BIOS Setup.(Follow the instruction on the screen)
    3. Press the right arrow key to System Configuration tab, Select Virtualization Technology and then press the Enter key.

  8. How can I enable virtualization (VT) on my PC?
  9. Intel® Processor Identification Utility - Windows* Version
  10. Enabling Virtualization in your PC BIOS
  11. How to Enable Hardware Virtualization
  12. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110
  13. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

No comments:

Post a Comment