It is a great free assembly dependency tool from Microsoft.
Enable assembly binding logging set the registry value EnableLog in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion to 1. Note that you have to restart your application (use iisreset) for the changes to have any effect.
TIP::please run it with administrator privilege .
Tip: Remember to turn off fusion logging when you are done since there is a performance penalty to have it turned on.
- Fuslogvw.exe (Assembly Binding Log Viewer)- from Microsoft
- Back to Basics: Using Fusion Log Viewer to Debug Obscure Loader Errors
How to enable assembly bind failure logging (Fusion) in .NET
a great post to enable Fusion log viewer. more details on set-up.
Add the following values to
DWORD ForceLog set value to 1
DWORD LogFailures set value to 1
DWORD LogResourceBinds set value to 1
DWORD EnableLog set value to 1
String LogPath set value to folder for logs (e.g. C:\FusionLog\)
Make sure you include the backslash after the folder name and that the Folder exists. You need to restart the program that you're running to force it to read those registry settings
- How to enable assembly binding log in exception text windows 7 / Assembly binding Logging - on youtube.com
- .NET enable and disable Fusion log to investigate assembly loading issues
- How to enable assembly bind failure logging (Fusion) in .NET
- .NET Setting up Fusion Logging to figure out Assembly bind failures
- Debug Load Errors with the Assembly Binding Log Viewer
- .NET dependency walker -commercial tool
The following 1) and 2) are the good combination. 4) can be used for cross reference check.
- Project \ Assembly dependencies viewer
- Dependency Walker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Graphviz - Graph Visualization Software
- Dependency Walker 2.2 - free ware
- Dependency Structure Matrix Add-In For Visual Studio
the following AsmSpy is a good tool to research on.
- (Tuesday, October 22, 2013) AsmSpy Coloured Output
- download AsmSpy directly from this link
- Fixing assembly version conflicts in .net with AsmSpy
- AsmSpy to the rescue
- How dow I know which dependencies are conflicting and how do I remove the conflicting ones?
a reference link from stackoverflow.com:
- How do I determine the dependencies of a .NET application?
- Depends4Net - Part 1
- Depends4Net - Part 2
- How to find all dependencies of a .NET project?
- ILSpy is the open-source .NET assembly browser and decompiler.
- 5 Tools to Check Dependency Files Needed by Application
- Back to Basics: When does a .NET Assembly Dependency get loaded
- .NET Framework Versions and Dependencies
- ILDASMDC—an ILDASM-based DependencyChecker